Manfred Memorial Moon Mission (4M)
by Jean Paul

Scale 1:4 Published: October 24, 2014

Right click to download
Modelsheet (2.15 MB)


Paper model of 4M satellite

Paper craft - 4M satellite

Scale model of 4M


4M was the first private lunar probe to successfully fly by the Moon.


It was launched Thursday october 23 2014 attached to the last stage of a Chinese Long March 3C rocket from China's Xichang Satellite Launch Center.


The lunar flyby took place on 28 October 2014. After that, the probe went into a geocentric orbit with a period of 14 days. The probe has  remained in space. The last transmission from the spacecraft was received on 11 November 2014, 01:35


The trajectory will be a lunar flyby and return to Earth, with 90% chances of re-entry in the atmosphere. The 10% remaining chances might lead to an orbit.


4M means Manfred Memorial Moon Mission. It is named in the memory of the founder of the aerospace compagny OHB Prof. Manfred Fuchs.


4M carries an amateur radio payload, that will transmit a JT65B signal, which can be decoded by radio amateurs.